Friday, June 18, 2010

MY CORN FELL!!! Oh NO!

There were two really hard rains in Georgia yesterday and I awoke this morning to find my corn all on the ground. I am so hurt by this. Yesterday we went out to pick the corn, but I thought that it could use a few more days of growth. Silly me! Now it is all destroyed. There will be no more growth, I don't think, and I missed the opportunity to eat fresh white silver corn from my very own garden. Let me tell you mishpochah, I AM HURT!     
So, what do we do? We tried to stand them back, but proved to be a job not easily accomplished. I walked away from the garden just to take a moment to myself. It is a heart breaking situation for me. My children tried, I tried and when my husband comes in, he WILL try also. But, at this point it has not worked. Some of them were thrown in the yard behind the garden. The saying that "YHWH gives and He takes away" just keeps ringing in my hear.
The rest of the garden is doing well. There was one large tomato plant that also fell, but we were able to stand it back and secure it. Not so with my corn. 
To see pictures, Visit my Network. CLICK HERE!
I pray that the Most High will bless us with another crow of corn. I'm starting to plant a new one this week!
Shabbat Shalom mishpochah and may the Eternal One grant you wisdom and knowledge in His will and His ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment